The school is situated in one of Prague’s most historically rich parts. Archaeological findings of the old fortifications, discovered during the reconstruction of the school cloakrooms in the 1990s, suggest that the site has been continuously inhabited since the early Middle Ages. The school’s history dates back to 1884, when a church primary and secondary school was consecrated, following the tradition of St. Nicholas and St. Thomas parish schools. After the establishment of the Czechoslovak Republic in 1918, it was called the Fraternity and Sorority School in Josefská Street. In 1995, an eight-year grammar school was opened there, established with the cooperation and supervision of Charles University’s Faculty of Education and the Department of Education.
Barrier-free access: partly